Forsythe Mill Covered Bridge

The Forsythe Mill Covered Bridge crosses Big Flat Rock River in Rush County, Indiana. Constructed in 1888 by Emmet L. Kennedy, the single-span Burr Arch truss is named for Asa Forsythe who owned the Hungerford Millfrom 1870 to 1884.1

The bridge featured the longest single span attempted by the Kennedy firm.1 The Forsythe Mill span was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.

Information
Sources