Johns Run Bridge near Johns Run, Carter County, Kentucky carried the Eastern Kentucky Railroad (EK) and later KY 1 over the Little Sandy River.
The Pratt through truss was constructed in 1880 by the B&O Mount Clare Bridge Shop in Baltimore, Maryland. 1 It replaced a simpler structure when the EK was extended south from Grayson to Willard. The EK went bankrupt in 1919 and the portion south of Grayson to Webbville was reorganized as the Eastern Kentucky Southern Railway in 1928. The railroad ceased operations all together in January 1933.
Most of the alignment south of Grayson became part of KY 1 and KY 773 including the Johns Run Bridge. The crossing was bypassed by a new KY 1 alignment in 1961 and later abandoned.