Town Mountain Road Bridge (KY 451)
The Town Mountain Road Bridge carries KY 451 over the North Fork Kentucky River in Hazard, Kentucky.
The two-lane truss required the demolition of several downtown structures.1 The Baker’s Market Building was demolished in 2006 followed by the Central Service Station structure in February 2007 and the Curtis Mathes Building on Main Street on March 5. The Mathes Building was completed in 1920 and was home to the a car dealership, Hazard Quick Copy, a funeral home and Collins Department Store during its lifetime. The site was once home to a tavern owned by Hazard founder Elijah Combs, whose family owned the Mathes Building until it was sold to the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet.
The Town Mountain Road Bridge was completed in 2009 and is named after Mayor William D. Gorman, who led the city from 1978 until his death on October 9, 2010.1