Walcott Covered Bridge
The Walcott Covered Bridge spans Locust Creek in Walcott, Kentucky.
Constructed in 1824, theWalcott Covered Bridge was rebuilt in 1881 as a 74-foot King and Queenpost truss.1 2 It remained privately owned until 1953, and in 1954, was bypassed with a concrete bridge. The covered bridge was then transferred to the Bracken County Historical Society and then to the Kentucky Department of Parks in 1993.1
In 1997 and 1998, the bridge was damaged in repeated floods. In 2002, the Walcott Covered Bridge was relocated 400 feet east to a new site and reconstructed.1