Bullfrog Road Bridge is located near Taneytown, Maryland. The one lane, Parker through truss crosses the Monocacy River and was completed by the York Bridge Company of York, Pennsylvania in 1908.2 3 In 1978, the bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places.1
The span received new abutments in 1989 5 and the bridge itself was rehabilitated in 1996.4
- Designation: Bullfrog Road
- Crosses: Monocacy River
- Bridge Type: Parker through truss
- Total Length: 183 feet
- Deck Width: 16.5 feet
- Height: 30 feet
- “National Register Information System.” National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service. 4 Oct. 2011.
- “Bullfrog Road Bridge.” Maryland Historical Trust. N.p., 2008. Web. 4 Oct. 2011. Article.
- “Historic Bridges of Frederick County.” N.d. Maryland Department of Highways and Transportation. Web. 4 Oct. 2011. Article.
- Bridge abutment date.