Cut River Bridge (US 2)
Cut River Bridge carries US 2 over the Cut River in Mackinac County, Michigan.
The Cantilever deck truss bridge was constructed from 1941 to 1946, and was one of two such spans in the state.2 The substructure was built in 1941 by W.J. Meagher & Sons, with 888 tons structural steel being erected in 1943 by the R.C. Mahon Company.1 In 1946, the deck was built by A.H. Proksgh. The duration of the construction was elongated due to the lack of steel rationing for public use during World War II.
From 2008 to 2009, the bridge deck and bridge joints were replaced and critical components of the superstructure were painted.3