The Owensboro Bridge carries KY 2262 and IN 161 across the Ohio River between Owensboro, Kentucky and Indiana.
The two-lane cantilevered Warren through truss was built by Modjeski & Masters of Mechanicsburg, Pennsylvania. 1 It was a Works Progress Administration (WPA) project. The bridge was dedicated to the memory of Glover H. Cary.
A toll was levied from the point it was opened on August 2, 1940 to August 18, 1954.
The bridge carried US 231 between the two states until October 2002 when the four-lane William H. Natcher Bridge opened upstream.
In 2011, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet performed a partial deck rehabilitation on the Owensboro Bridge.