The 8th Street Viaduct in Cincinnati connects Lower Price Hill to Queensgate and downtown. The first iteration of the viaduct was constructed in 1893, and it was rebuilt in 1928.
The Beasley Fork Road Bridge carries County Route 1P over Ohio Brush Creek in Adams county.
The Blaine Hill “S” Bridge carried US 40 over Wheeling Creek in Blaine. It is the state’s oldest sandstone bridge.
The Blaine Hill Viaduct carries US 40 over Wheeling Creek in Blaine. The historic viaduct was just rehabilitated in 2011, and it carries two westbound lanes up Blaine Hill and one eastbound lane into the town.
The Brown Road Bridge carries Scioto Township Road 176 over Bokes Creek in Delaware county. Constructed in 1915 by the Bellefontaine Bridge and Steel Company, the riveted Pratt through truss was determined to be eligible for inclusion on the National Register of Historic Places.
Constructed 1947 by the American Bridge Company, the Norfolk Western Cincinnati District trestle spans Cedar Fork east of Peebles. It replaced an alignment constructed by the Cincinnati & Eastern in 1883, when a new quarry opened along Plum Run that required the railroad to be rerouted north and east.
The Chickamauga Creek crossing for the Hocking Valley Railroad was built in 1903 by the Mt. Vernon Bridge Company of Mt. Vernon, Ohio. This span replaced one from October 1880 when the predecessor, the Ohio and West Virginia Railway, finished the line from Logan to Gallipolis.
The Consolidated Road Underpass for the Norfolk Southern Railroad is located in Preble county south of Eaton.
A series of four overpasses was constructed for the Columbus, Piqua & Indiana Railroad in Covington. The line westward, from Columbus to Union City, Indiana, opened on March 25, 1859. The railroad eventually became part of the Pennsylvania Railroad and then Conrail before being abandoned in 1983.
The Dayton, Springfield & Urbana Electric Railway Bridge was constructed in 1919 over Mud Run near Medway and was abandoned in 1938.
Dry Run Trestle (Norfolk Western Railroad Cincinnati District)
Constructed 1947 by the American Bridge Company, the Norfolk Western Cincinnati District trestle spans Dry Run west of Portsmouth.
The Armleder Trail Duck Creek Crossing is located in Cincinnati and crosses Duck Creek between the trail at Lunken Field to Otto Armleder Memorial Park. In the future, the trail will be used as a connector between the Ohio River Trail and the Little Miami Scenic Trail.
The Falknor Road Bridge crosses over Stillwater River in rural Miami county south of Covington. The two-span, pin-connected Pratt through truss was constructed in 1899. A stone arch bridge is located just to the east and was constructed at the same time.
The Fudge Road Bridge (TR 347) is a pony truss bridge over Aukerman Creek in Preble county. The blue colored span was constructed in 1913 by the Central States Bridge Company of Indianapolis, Indiana. It is regarded to be one of the longer half-hip pony trusses.
The Gallia Pike Bridge over the Little Scioto River once carried US 52 until 1964, when the adjoining four-lane freeway was completed.
Constructed by the American Bridge Company in 1921, the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad Great Miami Railroad Bridge is a six-span truss and today carries CSX Transportation’s Indiana Subdivision Louisville Division via two tracks.
The Harmar Railroad Bridge spans the Muskinghum River near the junction with the Ohio River between Harmar and Marietta. Constructed in 1873, the flood of 1913 washed away all three of the fixed spans. The westernmost span was replaced with a new 128.6-foot truss, while spans two and three were replaced with stretched trusses that were brought in from Illinois. The Baltimore & Ohio Railroad abandoned the tracks in 1962/1968 and the span was retrofitted for pedestrian use in 1987.
The Higginsport Bridge is located on the former A&P Highway, or US 52, in Higginsport and crosses White Oak Creek. The one-lane Whipple through truss was bypassed in 1943.
The Isaacs Creek Bridge carries US 52 west of Manchester.
The Little Chickamauga Creek crossing for the Hocking Valley Railroad was built in 1903 by the Mt. Vernon Bridge Company of Mt. Vernon, Ohio. This span replaced one from October 1880 when the predecessor, the Ohio and West Virginia Railway, finished the line from Logan to Gallipolis.
The Norfolk Western Railroad Little Scioto River Bridge is a Baltimore Warren through truss over the Little Scioto River.
The Malta-McConnelsville Bridge is located on 3rd Street and County Road 203 in McConnelsville. The three-span crossing was constructed by the Oregonia Bridge Company of Lebanon in 1914 and consisted of a seven-panel Parker through truss, an eleven-panel, 203-foot Parker through truss and a swing through truss on a pivot pier.
The McClure Road Bridge is located on McClure Road in Darke county and crosses Greenville Creek. The wrought-iron, seven-panel Pratt through truss was constructed in 1882 by the Massillon Bridge Company of Massillon, Ohio.
Constructed in 1894, the Melan Arch Bridge at Eden Park in Cincinnati is regarded as the first concrete arch span in the state.
The Mill Road Bridge carried Mill Road over Greenville Creek in Gettysburg in rural Darke county. Constructed in 1881 by the Massillon Bridge Company of Massillon, Ohio, the Whipple through truss was rehabilitated in 2011 and 2012.
Northwest of Eaton is the Monebrake Road Bridge is located on Monebrake Road that crosses Seven Mile Creek. The one-lane Warren pony truss was constructed in 1910 by the York Bridge Company of York, Pennsylvania.
The New Hope Bridge carried US 68 across White Oak Creek in New Hope. Constructed in 1884 by the Lomas Forge and Bridge Works of Cincinnati, Ohio, the Whipple through truss was bypassed in 1960 with a new two-lane alignment.
The OH 348 Bridge over Ohio Brush Creek south of Cedar Mills was constructed in 1924 by the Champion Bridge Company of Wilmington, Ohio.
The Norfolk Western Scioto Division overpass, south of Piketon, crossed OH 124.
Orange Road Bridge is a through truss bridge over the Olentangy River on West Orange Road in Powell, Delaware county immediately east of Ohio State Route 315, the Olentangy Heritage Corridor. Constructed in 1898 by the Toledo Bridge Company, the 9-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss is historically significant for its design. It is one of two remaining Pratt through trusses built by the Toledo Bridge Company.
The Norfolk Western Railroad Osborn Run Bridge is located in Hanging Rock and was constructed originally in 1901. It was converted for road use in 1960.
The Owens Road Bridge carries Owens Road over Panther Creek in Miami county. The bridge was built in the 1880s by the Smith Bridge Company of Toledo, Ohio as a six-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss. The span was rehabilitated in 1958.
The Peters Creek S-Bridge is located in Cassell and was constructed in 1828. After years of neglect and damage from four successive floods in 2005, the Peters Creek S-Bridge was nearing collapse. It was fully rehabilitated in 2007.
The Philo-Duncan Falls Bridge is located over the Muskingum River between Philo and Duncan Falls. The first crossing at Duncan Falls was a ferry that was replaced with a covered bridge in 1875, which was destroyed in a flood in 1881. It was then replaced with a five-span Pratt through truss. Work began in May 1953 on a new five-span Parker through truss bridge by Wander & Mason with steel fabricated by the American Bridge Company of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. The new crossing was completed in August 1954 at a cost of $800,000.
Constructed in 1904, the Prymont Road truss bridge features a main span length of 180 feet and was built by the Indiana Bridge Company of Muncie, Indiana.
The Rip Rap Road Bridge carried Rip Rap Road over the Great Miami River in Dayton. Constructed in 1923, the Pennsylvania through truss was closed to through traffic in 2002 when a new alignment of Rip Rap Road was constructed to the east.
The Seven Mile Bridge (TR 331) is located on Seven Mile Road and crosses Seven Mile Creek. Constructed in 1906 by the Indiana Bridge Company of Muncie, Indiana, the Seven Mile Bridge is a single-span, 155-foot long, pin-connected “High Triangular” truss – a loose copy of a 1906 Pegram truss, and is the only one of its type in Ohio.
The Pratt through truss Sonora Road Bridge crosses Twin Creek and was constructed in 1902.
The St. Clair Street Bridge is located over Seven Mile Creek in Eaton. Constructed in 1887 by Columbia Bridge Works of Dayton, the eight-panel pin-connected Pratt through truss was rehabilitated in 1999.
The Stones Levee Bridge was constructed in 1908 by the Interstate Building Company and crosses the Wheeling & Lake Railroad in downtown Cleveland. The Baltimore through truss was essentially encompassed within the Eagle Avenue Viaduct from 1928 until its subsequent demolition in 2005.
The TR 313 Bridge is a closed spandrel arch bridge on Township Road 313 in Monroe County. It was constructed in 1927 by the Luten Bridge Company of Knoxville, Tennessee.
The Waldvogel Viaduct is located in Cincinnati and connects the 6th Street Expressway/U.S. Route 50 to Warsaw Avenue and Elberon Avenue, with connections to River Road and formerly State Avenue.
The Western Hills Viaduct crosses the Mill Creek valley in Cincinnati, it’s concrete arches and trusses snaking through the Queensgate railroad yard, Spring Grove and State avenues, Interstate 75 and over Mill Creek. It connects Harrison and State avenues in Fairmount to Spring Grove Avenue and Central Parkway in Brighton.
The Zanesville Y Bridge is a three-legged crossing over the Muskingum and Licking rivers that carries US 22 and US 40 in Zanesville.
The Barkhurst Mill Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss that was constructed in 1872 over Wolf Creek in Morgan County.
The Bell Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss that was constructed by E.B. Henderson in 1888 over Falls Creek in Washington County. The span was rehabilitated in 1998 but closed in August 2005 due to termite damage. It has since been repaired and reopened.
The Blackwood Covered Bridge carries Blackwood Road over Pratt Fork Shade River in Athens County. The covered multiple Kingpost through truss was constructed by E.B. Henderson in 1879.
The Brown Covered Bridge, constructed in 1878, is located north-northeast of New Hope along New Hope-White Oak Station Road, and is a Smith covered truss. The span was constructed by the Smith Bridge Company of Toledo.
The Brubaker Covered Bridge is located over Sam’s Run on Brubaker Road (TR 328) in Preble county. The one-lane span on what was then Aukerman Creek Road was constructed in 1887 by Everett S. Sherman and was rehabilitated in 2005-2006.
The Christman Covered Bridge carries Easton-New Hope Road over Seven Mile Creek northwest of Eaton. Constructed in 1895 by Everett S. Sherman, the covered Childs through truss was restored in 2008.
The Foraker Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss that was constructed over the Little Muskingum River in 1886 by Isaiah Cline on Plainview Road in Monroe County. It was repaired by the Works Progress Administration in the 1930s and reinforced with steel beams.
The Geeting Covered Bridge carries Price Road over Prices Creek in Preble County. Constructed in 1894 by Everett S. Sherman, the covered Childs through truss was restored in 1973 and 2008.
The George Miller Covered Bridge carries George Miller Road over West Fork of Eagle Creek in Brown county.
The Germantown Covered Bridge is located over Little Twin Creek on Linden Avenue in Germantown. Constructed in 1870, the inverted bowstring through truss bridge was relocated to its current location in 1911.
The Harra Covered Bridge is a covered long through truss that was constructed in 1878 by Rolla Merydith over the South Branch Wolf Creek along Camp Hervida Road in Washington County.
The Harshman Covered Bridge is located on Concord-Fairhaven Road and crosses Four Mile Creek and was constructed in 1894 by Everett S. Sherman at a cost of $3,184. The span was rehabilitated from 2007 to 2008.
The Hills or Hildreth Covered Bridge is a covered Howe through truss over the Little Muskingum River on Hills Branch Road in Washington County.
The Hune Covered Bridge is a covered Long through truss that was constructed in 1879 by Rolla Merydith on Cullen Road over the Little Muskingum River in Washington County.
The Jasper Road Covered Bridge is a Warren-through truss over Mudlick Creek in Montgomery county west of Germantown.
The Kidwell Covered Bridge carries Monserat Road over Sunday Creek in Athens County. The covered Howe through truss was constructed in 1880 by August Borneman and the Hocking Valley Bridge Works of Lancaster.
The Kirker Covered Bridge is located alongside Ohio State Route 136 in Adams county. Constructed in 1890, the multiple Kingpost through truss crosses the East Fork Eagle Creek.
The Knowlton Covered Bridge, also known as Long or Old Camp Covered Bridge, is a three-span covered multiple Kingpost through truss over the Little Muskingum River on Old Camp Road in Monroe County. Constructed in 1887, it was last rehabilitated in 1995.
The Lynchburg Covered Bridge is a covered Long truss over the East Fork Little Miami River in Lynchburg, Ohio. It was later rehabilitated with pseudo-suspension infrastructure, the only such covered bridge in North America.
The Mail Pouch Tobacco Covered Bridge is a covered bridge located west of Cumberland in Guernsey County, Ohio.
The Manchester Covered Bridge is covered multiple Kingpost through truss over Olive Green Creek on Don Wiley Road in Noble County. Replacing a previous span that was destroyed in a flood in 1913 with one built two years later, the Manchester span was repaired in 1961 and was restored in 2005.
The McCafferty Covered Bridge is located southwest of Fayetteville on McCafferty Road, and was constructed in 1877 as a Howe covered truss over the East Fork Little Miami River. The span was last rehabilitated in 1963.
The Mill Branch Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss that was originally constructed in 1871 over the Mill Branch of the Little Hocking River 3/10 mile east of Ohio State Route 339 in Belpre Township in Washington County. In 1980, the bridge was moved to the Barlow Fairgrounds.
The Milton Dye / Saw Mill Covered Bridge is a three-span covered multiple Kingpost through truss over Brannon’s Fork at American Electric Power’s ReCreation Lands Campsite D in Morgan County. It was constructed in 1915 in neighboring Noble County and relocated to Ohio Power Company’s ReCreation Lands in 1965.
The Mt. Olive Covered Bridge carries Township Route 46, Mt. Olive Road, over Middle Fork Salt Creek north of Allensville in Vinton county. Also known as the Grand Staff Covered Bridge,3, the span uses a Queenspost truss and was constructed in 1875 by Civil War veteran George Washington Pilcher.
The New Hope Covered Bridge is a covered Howe truss with an arch that was built in 1878 by Josiah Bryant. The one-lane span carried Bethel-New Hope Road over White Oak Creek.
The North Pole Covered Bridge carries North Pole Road (CR 13) over Eagle Creek in Brown county. Constructed in 1875, the Smith covered through truss was rehabilitated in 1965. The span was damaged in flash flooding in 1997 and repaired.
The Park Hill Road Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss in Caldwell. The bridge is a composite of the Rich Valley / Foraker covered Bridge over Olive Creek that was constructed in 1895 and the original Park Hill Road Covered Bridge. Both were demolished in 1970 and the wood used to build the 44-foot span within the Noble County Fairgrounds.
The Parrish Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss over Olive Green Creek on Rich Valley Road in Noble County. Constructed in 1914, it was restored in 2005.
The Rinard Covered Bridge is a covered Smith through truss and crosses the Little Muskingum River on Tice Run Road in Washington County. The 120-foot crossing was constructed in 1876 by the Smith Bridge Company of Toledo. The bridge was washed from its piers during floods of 1913, 1938 and 2004. It was rebuilt with some original wood components in 2006.
The Roberts Covered Bridge is located over Seven Mile Creek in Eaton. Constructed in 1829 by Orlistus Roberts on Old Camden Road, the covered Burr arch-truss bridge was damaged by arson in 1986. It was relocated to Eaton and restored in 1991.
The Rosseau Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss that was constructed in 1881 over Wolf Creek in Rosseau. It was relocated to the Morgan County Fairgrounds in McConnelsville in 1953.
The Scottown Covered Bridge carries a Lawrence County route east of Scottown near Ohio State Route 217 over Indian Guyan Creek.
The Shinn Covered Bridge is a covered Burr arch truss that was constructed over West Branch Wolf Creek on Palmer Road in Washington County. Construction of the bridge in 1886 was spurred by the near drowning of a child in a rowboat of the Charles Shinn family.
The Stonelick Covered Bridge is located on Stonelick-Williams Corner Road in rural Clermont county. Constructed in 1878, the 140-foot, 12-panel Howe Truss is the last covered span in the county. The bridge was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1974.
The Warnke Covered Bridge was constructed in 1896 in Preble County over Swamp Creek on Swamp Creek Road and replaced an earlier iron bridge. Built by E.S. Sherman, the covered Childs through truss was restored in 2008.