George Miller Covered Bridge

The George Miller Covered Bridge carries George Miller Road over West Fork of Eagle Creek in Brown County, Ohio.

The Smith through-truss 2 was constructed in 1879 by John Griffith, agent and foreman of the Smith Bridge Company, for $14.75 per linear foot.3 4 5 The span was renovated by local Amish and Mennonite crews from the Amos Schwartz Construction of Geneva, Indiana in the 1990’s.3 5

Information
  • Total Length: 160 feet
  • Deck Width: 15.7 feet
  • Vertical Clearance Above Deck: 11.4 feet
Sources
  1. Ohio Department of Transportation. Listing of Bridges in the State of Ohio. Bridging the Gap: Protecting, Preserving and Modernizing Ohio’s Bridges. Ohio Department of Transportation, 7 July 2008. Web. 22 Feb. 2010. File.
  2. “George Miller Covered Bridge.” Historic Bridges of the United States. N.p., 2010. Web. 22 Feb. 2010. Article.
  3. “Covered Bridges.” Brown County Ohio Tourism. N.p., Web. 22 Feb. 2010.
  4. “Brown County.” Ohio Department of Transportation. N.p., Web. 22 Feb. 2010.
  5. Wood, Miriam F., and David A. Simmons. “George Miller Road Covered Bridge.” Covered Bridges. Illus. B. Miller. Wooster: Wooster Book Company, 2007. 120. Print.

Leave a Reply