Hills Covered Bridge

The Hills or Hildreth Covered Bridge is a covered Howe through truss over the Little Muskingum River on Hills Bridge Road in Washington County, Ohio.

Hills / Hildreth Covered Bridge

The crossing was constructed in 1878 by the August Borneman of the Hocking Valley Bridge Works for $13 per linear foot.1 The Howe truss was an improvement over other covered spans that used the Long truss system in that iron rods were used for tension members instead of wooden truss verticals.2

The Hills Covered Bridge was bypassed in 1990.1

Information
Sources