The Templeton Bridge carried the Pittsburg & Shawmut Railroad across the Allegheny River in Templeton, Pennsylvania.
The three-span Pennsylvania through truss crossing was constructed in 1911 by the American Bridge Company. While much of the line north was abandoned by 1996, the bridge and the tracks south to Freeport Junction were used to serve the coal-fired Reesdale Power Plant.
On January 26, 2012, it was announced that FirstEnergy would close the Reesdale Power Plant in order to comply with federal Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) guidelines. 2 It was determined that it would be too expensive to install pollution scrubbers and other air pollution control upgrades. The last load of coal was delivered to the power plant in February.