Spanning Big Walker Creek, the Big Walker Creek Bridge is located on Virginia State Route 760 in Giles county. The eight-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss is of an early 1900s vintage.
Brook Hill Road Bridge is located between Cumberland and Amelia counties along Virginia State Route 621. The Pratt through truss over the Appromattox River was constructed in 1900.
The Cannery Road Bridge carries Virginia State Route 773 over the Roaanoke River in Lafayette. The camelback through truss was constructed in 1917 and relocated to the present site in 1958.
Carpenter’s Ford Bridge carries Craig Shop Road over the Middle River in Augusta county. The one-lane Pratt thorugh truss was completed in 1903-1904 by the Brackett Bridge Company of Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Cartersville Bridge over the James River carried Virginia State Route 45 between Cartersville and Pemberton and is a rare surviving example of composite bridge construction. It was also one of the last bridges in the United States to be comprised of wood, especially as a major structural element.
The Clementon Road Bridge carries Virginia State Route 681 over the Appromattox River between Powhatan and Amelia counties. The riveted Warren pony truss was constructed in 1932.
The Crab Run Bridge was constructed in 1896 by the West Virginia Bridge Works of Wheeling, West Virginia and carried the Staunton to Petersburg Turnpike in McDowell. The route was a predecessor to US 250.
Kerr’s Crossing Bridge is a pony truss bridge over Christians Creek on New Hope-Laurel Hill Road – today’s Virginia State Route 907 in Augusta county. The pin-connected Pratt pony truss was completed in the spring of 1899 by the Brackett Bridge Company of Cincinnati, Ohio.
The Knightly Bridge is a single-span, pin-connected Camelback through truss that carries Virginia Route 778 over the Middle River in Augusta county. The one-lane bridge was completed in the spring of 1915 by the Champion Bridge Company of Wilmington, Ohio.
Mountain Lake Road Covered Bridge is located in Giles county near Virginia State Route 700, and is a private covered span that is not open to the public.
The Mount Meridian Bridge was constructed in 1907 by the Champion Bridge Company of Wilmington, Ohio and carried Virginia State Route 256 over the Middle River. The three-span, pin-connected Pratt through truss connected Grottoes to Weyers Cave.
Old Clover Hollow Road Covered Bridge is located in Giles county on a former alignment of Virginia State Route 601 and spans Sinking Creek. The covered bridge was constructed in 1916 and is a modified Queenspost truss with a segmental arch and is 70.10-feet long.
The Rivanna River Bridge carries Virginia Route 6 over the Rivanna River west of Columbia in Fluvanna county. The pony truss was constructed in 1930 and is scheduled to be replaced.
The River Road Bridge carried Virginia Route 623 over the New River in Pembroke,. The bridge is notable for containing the largest number of truss types for one bridge, and features the state’s longest Pennsylvania Petit through truss. It is also home to the last metal column pier and the last Pratt deck truss in the commonwealth.
The Roaring Run Bridge is located at an Interstate 81 northbound rest area in Ironto and spans a drainage ditch. The Roaring Run Bridge is among the oldest bridge of its type in the United States and the last of its type in the state.
The Wolf Creek Bridge in Rocky Gap was constructed in 1912 for the New River, Holston and Western Railroad. The pin-connected steel Pratt through truss was fabricated by the Phoenix Bridge Company of Phoenixville, Pennsylvania and featured eight panels with its unique patented Phoenix columns that consist of several pieces forming a cylindrical shaft with riveted ribs.
The Chesapeake Western Railway crossing of North River in Stokesville was completed in 1901 for the Chesapeake Western Railway.
The Stoney Point Road Bridge is located along Virginia Route 620 between Amelia and Cumberland counties. The six-panel, pin-connected Pratt through truss was constructed in 1912.