The Meighen Bridge carries Fish Creek Road (CR 7/4) over Fish Creek in Marshall County, West Virginia. The Parker through truss was constructed in 1913 by the York Bridge Company of York, Pennsylvania.
The crossing is named after the unincorporated village of Meighen that once existed alongside a brook that emptied into Fish Creek. 1 The town derived its name from an early teacher, Ben Meighen, who taught at the school. The post office was established on November 11, 1881 and first discontinued on October 30, 1909. At one point, the village had two stores, a one-room school and a post office, all of which had closed by the 1960’s.