The Dover Covered Bridge is a historic covered Queenspost truss bridge near Dover, Kentucky.
The Dover Covered Bridge was built by the Kirk family 3 4 who operated a grist mill nearby in 1835. 1 3 The crossing received major repairs in 1928 and 1966, at which point steel beams were added to reinforce the bridge deck. 2 The bridge was renovated with a new roof, siding, and flooring in 2000. 3
The Dover Covered Bridge was bypassed by a concrete structure in 2004. 3
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Lee's Creek Road
- Type: Covered Queenpost Truss
- Status: Active - Pedestrian
- Total Length: 61 feet
- “Dover Bridge.” University of Kentucky.
- “Dover’s covered bridge.” Maysville Homes 4 U.
- Barker, Danetta. “Vandalism defaces historic Dover Covered Bridge.” The Ledger Independent (Maysville), November 18, 2005.
- “Swollen creeks damage spans to Kentucky’s past.” Herald-Leader (Lexington), March 5, 1997. July 19, 2007.