Forsythe Mill Covered Bridge, a single-span Burr Arch covered truss, crosses Big Flat Rock River in Rush County, Indiana. Constructed in 1888 by Emmet L. Kennedy, it is named for Asa Forsythe who owned the nearby Hungerford Mill between 1870 and 1884. 1
The bridge was the longest single crossing attempted by Kennedy. 1 The Forsythe Mill Covered Bridge was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1983.
- State: Indiana
- Type: Covered Burr Arch covered truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 198 feet
- Deck Width: 16 feet
- Truss Height:
- Above Vertical Clearance: 13.8 feet
- “Forsythe Mill Covered Bridge.”Indiana Department of Historic Preservation & Archaeology. N.p., n.d. Web. 31 Jan. 2013. Link.