The Grimms Bridge is a historic Whipple through truss over Little Beaver Creek in Columbiana County, Ohio.
The one-lane Grimms Bridge was constructed in 1884 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio over Beaver Creek. 2
The Porterfield-Binger construction Company was the lone bidder of a $9,991 rehabilitation project for Grimms Bridge on June 20, 1955. 2 Their bid was just $4 above the county engineer’s estimate. The crossing was renovated again in 1997 when it was sandblasted and painted, and new stringers and deck were installed.
- State: Ohio
- Type: Whipple through truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 155 feet
- Deck Width: 12 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 28 feet
- Jones, Tom T. “The Reviewing Stand.” Evening Review [East Liverpool], 22 Aug. 1932, p. 4.
- “Grimms Span Repairs Slated.” Evening Review [East Liverpool], 21 Jun. 1955, p. 1.
- “Grimms Bridge Closed.” Evening Review [East Liverpool], 16 Jul. 1955, p. 3.