The Harshman Covered Bridge carries Concord-Fairhaven Road over Four Mile Creek in Preble County, Ohio.
The covered Childs through truss was constructed in 1894 by Everett S. Sherman at the cost of $3,184. 1 The masonry work completed by J.M. Acton, with the stone abutments sourced from the Stony Point quarry. A sawmill along the creek near the bridge provided cut lumber.
Between December 2007 and May 2008, the Harshman Covered Bridge was rehabilitated with new wood siding and a standing seam metal roof, and a rebuilt flooring system. 1 In addition, deficient upper and lower chords were replaced or added. Financing for the project derived with 95% federal funding.
- State: Ohio
- Route: Concord-Fairhaven Road
- Type: Covered Childs through truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 102 feet
- Main Span Length: 91 feet
- Deck Width: 15.5 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 13.1 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- “Harshman Covered Bridge.” Preble County Engineering Department. N.p., n.d. Web. 18 May 2012. Article.