The Heidelberg Bridge carried a branch of the Richmond, Nicholasville, Irvine and Beattyville Railroad (RNI&B, Riney-B) over the Kentucky River in Heidelberg, Kentucky.
The 2.98-mile RNI&B Sturgeon Creek Branch was built by the Kentucky Coal Development Company between Heidelberg to Ida May via Sturgeon Creek between March 1907 to January 1908. 1 It eventually became a part of the Louisville & Nashville Railroad as it provided a connection to the Kentucky, Rockcastle & Cumberland Railroad. A lack of revenue traffic caused the branch to be discontinued on April 13, 1935.
The Kentucky River crossing was converted for automobile use until a new structure was constructed in 1968.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Richmond, Nicholasville, Irvine & Beattyville Railroad
- Type: Through Truss
- Status: Demolished - Not Replaced
- Navigational Clearance:
- Sulzer, Elmer G. “The Riney-B.” Ghost Railroads of Kentucky. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 1998. 33-42. Print.