The following documents the various underpasses along the Chesapeake & Ohio Railway in northeast Kentucky.
The Chattaroi Railroad opened through Catlettsburg in 1880, and the line was acquired by the Chesapeake and Ohio Railroad (C&O) in 1911. The original alignment was relocated and elevated through the city in 1929 which included the construction of this underpass. It was originally two lanes and converted to a one-lane northbound operation c. 1966.
The Raceland-Worthington underpass connecting Raceland and Worthington consists of three underpasses that carry KY Route 244 under the Russell Railyard and bypass tracks:
- A circa 1949 one-lane underpass built by the Bethlehem Steel Company;
- A circa 1956-57 two-lane underpass built by the American Bridge Company (US Steel);
- A circa 1956-57 two-lane underpass built by the American Bridge Company (US Steel).
The underpass of Russell was constructed in 1925 as part of the construction of the Russell Railyards for the C&O.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Various
- Type: Beam
- Status: Active - Automobile