The Quaker Bridge is located on Williamson Road over the Little Shenango River in Mercer County, Pennsylvania. It is listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
The Pratt through truss was constructed in 1898 by the Cleveland Bridge Company of Cleveland, Ohio. The west cut-stone abutment was located within the canal basin of the Beaver & Lake Erie Canal Erie Extension that was abandoned in 1871. 1
The historic crossing was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1988. 1 It was bypassed in 2006.
The Quaker Bridge was originally scheduled for demolition by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT). 1 Due to diligence by local citizens, the Historic Quaker Bridge Foundation and Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection, the historic crossing was spared removal in a decision by PennDOT on June 15, 2006. 2 It was believed to be the fourth state-owned historic metal truss saved in the state and the first state-owned bridge to be retired and preserved in-place. 1
- State: Pennsylvania
- Route: Williamson Road
- Type: Pratt Through Truss
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 126 feet
- Deck Width: 14.2 feet