The now-demolished Robinson Road Bridge carried Robinson Road over the North Fork Kentucky River in Quicksand, Breathitt County, Kentucky.
The Robinson Road Bridge, which consisted of a Parker through truss, Pratt pony truss, and girder span, was constructed in the early 1900s. 1 2
On November 29, 2011, the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet held a public meeting on the proposed replacement of the Robinson Road bridge with a new two-lane, 350-foot-long crossing. 1 Right-of-way and utility relocation began in the fall of 2012 and construction started in the summer of 2013. 1 The old Robinson Road bridge was removed in 2014.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Robinson Road
- Type: Girder or Beam, Pratt Pony Truss, Parker Through Truss
- Status: Demolished - Replaced
- Total Length: 324 feet
- Main Span Length: 89 feet
- Deck Width: 10.5 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 16 feet
- Elkins, H.B. Transportation Cabinet conducts public meeting on proposed project to replace bridge at Quicksand in Breathitt County. Jackson: Kentucky Department of Highways District 10, 30 Nov. 2011. 3 Apr. 2013. Article.
- Elkins, H.B. Transportation Cabinet Seeks New Home for Historic Breathitt County Bridge. Jackson: Kentucky Department of Highways District 10, 15 Mar. 2012. 3 Apr. 2013. Article.