Eagle Avenue Bridge
Eagle Avenue Bridge is an abandoned vertical lift Pennsylvania through truss bridge that carried Eagle Avenue over the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio.
The crossing was designed by Waddell and Hardesty and constructed between 1930 and 1931 by Spencer, White and Prentiss of Detroit, Michigan. 1 McMyler Interstate Company of Bedford and Cleveland, Ohio and Walsh Construction Company also assisted. Stobel Steel Construction Company of Chicago, Illinois supplied steel for the bridge. It as the first vertical lift in the city.
The Eagle Avenue Viaduct once connected to the eastern abutment of the bridge, connecting downtown to the Flats along the river. 1
Eagle Avenue Bridge was rehabilitated in 1991 before being closed in 2005.