The Eagle Avenue Bridge is an abandoned vertical lift Pennsylvania through truss bridge that carried Eagle Avenue over the Cuyahoga River in Cleveland, Ohio.
The Eagle Avenue Bridge was designed by Waddell & Hardesty and constructed between 1930 and 1931 by Spencer, White & Prentiss of Detroit, Michigan. 1 The McMyler Interstate Company of Bedford and Cleveland, Ohio, and the Walsh Construction Company also assisted while the Stobel Steel Construction Company of Chicago, Illinois supplied steel for the bridge. It was the first vertical lift in the city.
The Eagle Avenue Viaduct once connected to the eastern abutment of the Eagle Avenue Bridge, which connected downtown to the Flats along the river. 1 The crossing was rehabilitated in 1991 and placed out of service in 2005.
- State: Ohio
- Route: Eagle Avenue
- Type: Vertical Lift, Pennsylvania through truss
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 296 feet
- Main Span Length: 216 feet
- Deck Width: 39 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 14.7 feet
- Holth, Nathan. “Eagle Avenue Viaduct.” Historic Bridges, 25 Jun. 2007.