The Baileysville Bridge is an abandoned open-spandrel arch crossing of the Guyandotte River in Baileysville, West Virginia.
The Baileysville Bridge is an open-spandrel arch structure built in 1917 by the Concrete Steel Bridge Company of Clarksburg, West Virginia. 1 It has a length of about 227 feet and consists of two open spandrel concrete arch main spans measuring 88 feet and 68 feet, along with four reinforced concrete slab spans measuring 15 feet, 14 feet, 11.6 feet, and 12.9 feet. The roadway deck has a width of 13 feet and is fitted with reinforced concrete curbs and balustrade parapets.
In 1987, the 1917 structure was bypassed by a continuous steel plate girder structure built 30 feet upstream. 1
- State: West Virginia
- Route: County Route 14, Brier Creek Road
- Type: Open Spandrel Arch
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 226.6'
- Main Span Length: 87.6'
- Spans: 67.6', 15', 14', 11.6', 12.9'
- Deck Width: 15'
- Roadway Width: 13'
- “Baileysville Open Spandrel Arch.” West Virginia State Historic Preservation Office.