Skip to content

Blue Bridge

Blue Bridge

The Blue Bridge carries Lamereaux Road over the West Branch Huron River in Huron County, Ohio.


The Blue Bridge was constructed in 1882 by the King Bridge Company. It originally consisted of two pin-connected Pratt through trusses. Load-bearing stringers were installed during a rehabilitation of the structure in 1996 rendering the trusses decorative.

The bridge is dedicated after Jack A. Twaddle of the Huron County Highway Department whose dedication and preserverance provided the inspiration for the reconstruction of the Blue Bridge.


Information

  • State: Ohio
  • Route: Lamereaux Road
  • Type: Pratt Through Truss
  • Status: Active - Automobile
  • Total Length: 165 feet
  • Main Span Length: 80 feet
  • Deck Width: 15 feet

Sources

Leave a Reply