The Brandenburg Bridge, also known as the Matthew E. Welsh Bridge, carries KY Route 79 over the Ohio River between Brandenburg, Kentucky, and Harrison County, Indiana. The crossing was named after the 41st governor of Indiana.
Construction on the cantilever Warren through truss began in August 1964 and completed at the cost of $5.5 million on November 19, 1966. 1 The project was financed mostly by the state of Indiana.
- State: Indiana, Kentucky
- Route: KY Route 79
- Type: Warren Through Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 3,097 feet
- Main Span Length: 725 feet
- Deck Width: 28 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 17.5 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- Durkee, Jackson, “World’s Longest Bridge Spans”, National Steel Bridge Alliance, May 24, 1999.