The Brown Road Bridge carries Scioto Township Road 176 over Bokes Creek in Delaware County, Ohio.
Constructed in 1915 by the Bellefontaine Bridge and Steel Company, the riveted Pratt through truss replaced an earlier span that was washed out in a 1913 flood. 1
In early 2010, the county engineering office studied options for rehabilitation or replacement of the Brown Road Bridge because of its poor structural condition. 1 It was decided to construct a new bridge at the cost of $2.3 million, with work beginning in mid-2011. The federal-local bridge program funded up to 95% of the estimated $1.5 million in construction and engineering costs, with the remainder coming from Delaware County road and bridge funds.
- State: Ohio
- Route: Brown Road, Scioto Township Road 176
- Type: Pratt Through Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 125 feet
- Main Span Length: 117 feet
- Deck Width: 16 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.5 feet
- Delaware County Engineer. “Brown Road Bridge over Bokes Creek.”Delaware County Ohio. N.p., 3 Feb. 2010. Web. 4 Apr. 2012. Article.