Callaghan Bridge formerly carried VA Route 159 over Ogle Creek in Callaghan, Virginia.
The Callaghan Bridge, a pin-connected Pratt through truss, was constructed over Ogle Creek for US Route 60 in 1932. When the US Route 60 and Alternate US Route 60 intersection was reconfigured into a large “Y” configuration in 1947, a new concrete bridge was constructed over Ogle Creek. 1
- State: Virginia
- Route: Formerly VA Route 159
- Type: Pratt Through Truss
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 88 feet
- Deck Width: 10.8 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 15.3 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- “Road Improvements Planned On Alt. Rt. 60 at Callaghan.” Covington Virginian, 2 Dec. 1946, p. 6.