The Cox Covered Bridge is a covered Queenpost through truss over Brushy Fork along Woodgeard Road in Vinton County, Ohio.
The Cox Covered Bridge was constructed in 1884 by the Diltz & Steele Company. 1
In August 1992, the County Engineer’s office moved the covered bridge 20 feet north onto new concrete foundations. 1 The ends of the bridge were raised and metal runners were placed underneath. Strips of plywood were laid down on both banks of the creek, nailed together and coated with grease. Steel cables were fastened to the runners under the ends of the bridge and attached to front loaders which pulled the bridge to the new site.
The Cox Covered Bridge was restored in 2004. 1 It was funded through a grant from Ohio’s Hill Country Heritage Area and the Ohio Governor’s Office of Appalachia.
- State: Ohio
- Route: Woodgeard Road
- Type: Covered Queenpost Truss
- Status: Active - Pedestrian
- Total Length: 42 feet
- Deck Width: 12.1 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.5 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- Informative sign.
1 thought on “Cox Covered Bridge”