Downsville Covered Bridge is a covered Queenpost through truss over the East Branch Delaware River in Downsville, New York.
Downsville Covered Bridge was constructed in 1854 by Robert Murray for $1,700. 1 Carrying automobile traffic over East Branch Delaware River, it featured a Long truss and Queenpost truss design similar to others in the Catskills, all of which included side buttresses.
The Downsville Covered Bridge was rehabilitated in 1998 at the cost of $975,000. 1 Work included replacing two lower chords with three laminated beams joined together to form a single 174-foot-long chord. No laminated beam of that length had been built before, and the task was awarded to the Unadilla Laminated Products Company of Sidney. The crossing was reopened to traffic on May 22, 1999. Wilmer Murray, the great-grandson of Robert Murray, was in attendance.
Downsville Covered Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in April 1999. 1
- State: New York
- Route: Bridge Street
- Type: Covered Queenpost Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 175 feet
- Main Span Length: 156 feet
- Roadway Width: 13.8 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 6.3 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- Miller, Patricia Bartels. Timbers of Time: The Existing Covered Bridges of Ulster County, New York-1976. Erpf Catskill Cultural Center, 1977.