The George Miller Covered Bridge carries George Miller Road over West Fork of Eagle Creek in Brown County, Ohio.
The covered Smith through-truss 2 was constructed in 1879 by John Griffith, agent and foreman for the Smith Bridge Company, for $14.75 per linear foot. 3 4 5 The span was renovated by local Amish and Mennonite crews from the Amos Schwartz Construction of Geneva, Indiana in the 1990’s. 3 5
- State: Ohio
- Route: George Miller Road
- Type: Covered Smith Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 160 feet
- Deck Width: 15.7 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.4 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- Ohio Department of Transportation. Listing of Bridges in the State of Ohio. Bridging the Gap: Protecting, Preserving and Modernizing Ohio’s Bridges. Ohio Department of Transportation, 7 July 2008. Web. 22 Feb. 2010. File.
- “George Miller Covered Bridge.” Historic Bridges of the United States. N.p., 2010. Web. 22 Feb. 2010. Article.
- “Covered Bridges.” Brown County Ohio Tourism. N.p., Web. 22 Feb. 2010.
- “Brown County.” Ohio Department of Transportation. N.p., Web. 22 Feb. 2010.
- Wood, Miriam F., and David A. Simmons. “George Miller Road Covered Bridge.” Covered Bridges. Illus. B. Miller. Wooster: Wooster Book Company, 2007. 120. Print.