The Guilford Covered Bridge is a covered Burr arch truss crossing across East Fork Tanners Creek in Guilford, Dearborn County, Indiana.
The Guilford Covered Bridge was constructed by Archibald M. Kennedy & Sons of Rushville in 1879. 1 It featured a Belgian wood-block surface, one of three in the state at the time of its completion. The crossing was reinforced with additional supports in the early 1900s due to heavier loads brought on with Guilford’s rise in industrial importance, notably from nearby coal mines. 2
The Guilford Covered Bridge was relocated to a newly-formed park when the bridge over the creek was replaced in 1960. It was damaged by arson in 1993 and subsequently rehabilitated in 1997 by L. L. Brown Co. and the Amos Schwartz Company which included the addition of a sprinkler system. 1 2
- State: Indiana
- Type: Covered Burr Arch truss
- Status: Active - Pedestrian
- Total Length: 104 feet
- Main Span Length: 101.5 feet
- Deck Width: 17 feet
- Truss Height:
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.6 feet
- Branson, Ronald. “Guilford Covered Bridge.”Indiana County History Preservation Society. N.p., 2006. Web. 6 July 2011. Article.
- Informational signage.