The Henderson Bridge carries CSX across the Ohio River between Henderson, Kentucky and Vanderburgh County, Indiana. It was originally built for the Louisville & Nashville Railroad (L
The first L&N bridge across the Ohio River at Henderson opened in 1885, which was at the time the longest channel span of that type in the world. 1 A replacement five-span polygonal Warren through truss was constructed by the American Bridge Company for the Louisville & Nashville Railroad (L&N) at the cost of $4 million. It opened on December 31, 1932.
- State: Indiana, Kentucky
- Route: CSX Transportation
- Type: Warren Through Truss
- Status: Active - Railroad
- Total Length: 12,123 feet
- Boyett, Frank. “Bridge Building Boom Brings Three New Steel Ones Here in Year’s Time.” Gleaner [Henderson], 30 Mar. 1996.