The Herns Mill Covered Bridge is a covered Queenpost through truss bridge over Milligan Creek in Greenbrier County, West Virginia.
In January 1884, the Greenbrier County Court ordered Lewisburg District road commissioners Harvey Handly and J.W. Johnson to examine the bridge over “Millicans” creek near the mill of S.S. Herns, make a report concerning the present condition of the crossing, and the probable cost of construction of a new bridge. 1 Handly, Johnson, and John D. Arbuckle, commissioners, submitted an order to the court which stated that the bridge had been completed by July 1884. Drafts were then issued to the unnamed contractors for the sum of $800.
The Herns Mill Covered Bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981 and rehabilitated in 2000.
- State: West Virginia
- Route: WV County Route 40
- Type: Covered Queenpost Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 58 feet
- Main Span Length: 54 feet
- Deck Width: 9 feet
- Roadway Width: 10.5 feet
- United States. Dept. of the Interior. Herns Mill Covered Bridge. Comp. E.L. Kemp. Washington: National Park Service. West Virginia Division of Culture and History.