The Lattice Bridge is a closed Whipple through truss bridge along Lattice Bridge Road over the Genesee River in Allegany County, New York.
The crossing was constructed in 1887 by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio, with the abutments built by William J. Fox, the commissioner of highways, and Phil D. Franklin, the proprietor of the Red gristmill on Caneadea Creek. 2
The closed Lattice Bridge is slated to be restored into a pedestrian-only crossing. 1
- State: New York
- Route: Lattice Bridge Road
- Type: Whipple through truss
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 173 feet
- Main Span Length: 170 feet
- Deck Width: 14.8 feet
- “Allegany County: Lawmakers want to seek grant for rehab of non-vehicular bridges in Hume & Caneadea.” Regional News Network, 25 Apr. 2014, article.
- Minard, John Stearns. “Allegany and Its People.” Allegany County and it People: A Centennial Memorial History, edited by Georgia Drew Merrill, Alfred, W. A. Ferguson, 1896, p. 672.