The now-demolished Martha Bridge carried McComas Road over the Guyandotte River in Martha, West Virginia.
The Martha Bridge was constructed by the Wrought Iron Bridge Company of Canton, Ohio in 1882. 1 It consisted of two approach Pratt through trusses and two central Whipple through trusses. The ailing crossing was bypassed in 2007, and plans by the State Historic Preservation Office were in place to preserve the Martha Bridge as a linear park. Unfortunately, the crossing was demolished by the West Virginia Department of Highways in 2008.
- State: West Virginia
- Route: McComas Road
- Type: Whipple through truss
- Status: Demolished - Replaced
- Total Length: 470 feet
- Main Span Length: 146 feet
- Deck Width: 13.5 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.5 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- “Martha Truss Bridge.” BridgeMapper, 2011.