The Mill Branch Covered Bridge is a covered multiple Kingpost through truss at the Barlow Fairgrounds in Barlow, Ohio.
The crossing was originally constructed in 1871 2 over the Mill Branch of the Little Hocking River .3-mile east of OH Route 339 in Belpre Township in Washington County, Ohio. 1 The bridge was moved to the Barlow Fairgrounds in 1980. 3
A five-year process to raise funds towards the restoration of the covered span began in 1995 and in 1999, volunteers replaced and painted the siding, constructed new approaches, and built a new roof. 1 Structural beams were rehabilitated in 2007 by the Righter Company and volunteers.
- State: Ohio
- Route: None
- Type: Covered Kingpost Truss
- Status: Active - Pedestrian
- Total Length: 59 feet
- Deck Width: 12 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 11.5 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- Shawver, Sam. “Covered bridge group tours six local sites.”Marietta Times 21 May 2013: n. pag. Web. 6 Nov. 2013.
- Moore, Elma Lee. “Fayette County through Muskingum County.” Ohio’s Covered Bridges. Charleston: Arcadia, 2010. 79. Print.