The Mine Dock Road Bridge carries US Route 9W over Mine Dock Road and Black Creek in Fort Montgomery, New York.
During the early 1930s, New York began to plan for the construction of a new four-lane highway between Bear Mountain Bridge and Cornwall-on-Hudson. This was to bypass the narrow Storm King Highway. 3 Construction started in 1935 and was completed in 1941. Part of this project included the construction of a three steel arch bridge to cross Black Creek and the cableway of the Dean Iron Mine Company, which was used to transport iron ore to awaiting ships on the Hudson River. 2 A $481,546 contract was let on November 26, 1935, 1 for its erection and it was completed in 1936.
The Mine Dock Road Bridge was rehabilitated in 1985.
- State: New York
- Route: US Route 9W
- Type: Steel Arch
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 496 feet
- Main Span Length: 160 feet
- Deck Width: 56 feet
- Roadway Width: 46 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- “Highways Widened, Curves Eliminated by New Bridges in Eastern Orange County.” Middletown Times Herald, 28 Jun. 1937, p. 54.
- “New Bridge Joining This Span.” Middletown Times Herald, 23 Jun. 1936, p. 5.
- Mathieu, George M. “Storm King Cut-Off Pushed.” New York Times, 6 Aug. 1939, pp. XX1, XX10.