The Shomakertown Bridge carried KY Route 22 over the Licking River in Falmouth, Kentucky.
The two-span Parker through truss crossing was constructed in 1928 and last rehabilitated in 1972.
In January 2012, Hall Contracting was awarded a $6 million contract to construct a new 730-feet concrete bridge adjacent to the existing Shomakertown Bridge. 1 The old crossing was inspected on April 25, 2012, rated as structurally unsafe for large vehicles, and subsequently had its weight limit lowered to three tons.
The new Shomakertown Bridge opened to traffic on November 17, 2012, and the circa 1928 crossing was removed in April 2013.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: KY Route 22
- Type: Parker Through Truss
- Status: Demolished - Replaced
- Total Length: 311 feet
- Main Span Length: 154 feet
- Deck Width: 20 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 15 feet
- Wood, Nancy. “Crews Preparing for Construction of New KY 22 Bridge over Licking River in Pendleton County.” Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, 17 Jan. 2012.