The South Lamar Boulevard Bridge carries TX Loop 343 across Lady Bird Lake (Colorado River) in Austin, Texas. The six span open-spandrel concrete arch crossing was constructed between 1940 to 1942 and was the second permanent bridge to cross the river in the city. 2 The bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on July 7, 1994. 2
- State: Texas
- Type: Open Spandrel Arch, Concrete Arch
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 659 feet
- Main Span Length: 110 fee
- Deck Width: 40 feet
- Truss Height:
- “Lamar Boulevard Bridge.” Historic Bridge Foundation. N.p., 2003. Web. 7 Nov. 2012.Article.
- James D. Pfluger Pedestrian and Bicycle Bridge. N.p.: n.p., n.d. Scribd. Web. 7 Nov. 2012. Report.
- American Association of State Highway Transporation Officials (AASHTO), Standard Specifications for Highway Bridges, 16th Edition, 1996, with Interim Updates through 1998.
- American Association of State Highway Transporation Officials (AASHTO), Guide Specifications for Design of Pedestrian Bridges, August 1997.3.
- American Association of State Highway Transporation Officials (AASHTO), Guide Specifications for Horizontally Curved Highway Bridges, 1993, with Interim Updates through 1995.4.
- National Steel Bridge Alliance (NSBA), “V-LOAD Analysis,” Highway Structures Design Handbook ,Volume 1, Chapter 12, pg. I/12/16, December 1996.5.
- Bridgesoft, Inc., “STLBRIDGE – Design of Continuous Steel Bridge Girders,” Omaha, Nebraska, 1997.6.
- Bridge Software Development International, Ltd. (BSDI), “Bridge-System (SM), 3D System,”Coopersburg, Pennsylvania, 1987.