The Spring Common Bridge, a steel through arch crossing, carries Mahoning Avenue over the Mahoning River in Youngstown, Ohio.
Designed by Wilbur J. Watson & Associates of Cleveland, Ohio, the Spring Common Bridge replaced a c. 1911 Warren deck truss crossing. 1 The new bridge featured a main through arch span over the Mahoning River, a through plate girder span over the railroad, and a concrete span over Front Street.
Spring Common Bridge was extensively rehabilitated in 2008. 1
- State: Ohio
- Route: Mahoning Avenue / CR 18
- Type: Steel Arch, Plate Girder
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 431 feet
- Main Span Length: 269 feet
- Roadway Width: 82 feet
- “Spring Common Bridge.” Historicbridges.org, 2021.