The Tygarts Creek Arch Bridge is a concrete arch bridge that carries a local road over Tygarts Creek in Olive Hill, Kentucky.
An open-spandrel arch bridge over Tygarts Creek east of Olive Hill was constructed in 1927 for US Route 60 and initially named the Fields’ Bridge. 1 It was bypassed with a contemporary girder structure in 2010 as part of a broader $12 million, 1½-mile safety improvement project to functionally replace a structurally deficient crossing and eliminate sharp curves. 2
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Formerly US Route 60
- Type: Open Spandrel Arch
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 392 feet
- Main Span Length: 102 feet
- Deck Width: 21 feet
- Roadway Width: 20 feet
- “US 60, Olive Hill to Grayson Road.” Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, 1948.
- James, Mike. “Governor dedicates curve fix.” Daily Independent [Ashland], 1 Mar. 2010.