The Wheeling Creek Bridge carried the former Wheeling Terminal Railway over Wheeling Creek in Wheeling, West Virginia.
The deck truss was constructed in 1888 and 1891 for the Wheeling Terminal Railway (WT), a former 9½ mile railroad between Martins Ferry, Ohio and Wheeling. 1 3 4 In 1982, the last freight train utilized the bridge and it was subsequently abandoned. 2
- State: West Virginia
- Route: Wheeling Terminal Railway
- Type: Warren Deck Truss
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Navigational Clearance:
- Titchenal, Stephen. Wheeling & Lake Erie Railroad History. N.p.: n.p., 2014. Print.
- “Wheeling Terminal Railway Bridge.” Ohio County Public Library. Web. 04 Mar. 2016.
- “THE WHEELING, W.VA. BRIDGE AND TERMINAL SYSTEM.” Once A Week 6.16 (1891): 13. Print.
- “The Wheeling Terminal Railway Company.” The Pennsylvania Railroad Company: The Corporate, Financial and Construction History of Lines Owned, Operated and Controlled To December 31, 1945, Volume III Lines West of Pittsburgh 3 (1946): 648-63. Print.