The abandoned Yamacraw Bridge carried the Kentucky & Tennessee Railroad over the Big South Fork Cumberland River in Yamacraw, Kentucky.
The Yamacraw Bridge was built as part of the Stearns & Lumber Company’s connection to Mine No. 10 and No. 11 in 1906. The closed-spandrel concrete arch bridge was built by the Collier Bridge Company of Indianapolis, Indiana. The mines closed in 1966 and the bridge was abandoned shortly thereafter.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Kentucky & Tennessee Railroad
- Type: Closed Spandrel Arch
- Status: Abandoned / Closed
- Total Length: 565 feet
- Main Span Length: 120 feet
- Deck Width: 20 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
1 thought on “Yamacraw Bridge”
This actually contains an error. The coal mine and loading facility at Oz, KY was still in operation into the mid-1980s so the K&T was still hauling over the Yamacraw Bridge.