Ringos Mill Covered Bridge is a covered Kingpost truss covered bridge that carried KY Route 158 over Fox Creek in Fleming County, Kentucky.
Ringos Mill Covered Bridge is a covered Kingpost truss covered bridge that carried KY Route 158 over Fox Creek in Fleming County, Kentucky. 1 Funds were appropriated for its construction in 1867, 4 5 and it was built between 1869 and 1870. 2 4 It was bypassed in 1968. 3 5
The covered bridge was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1976.
In 1982, the Buffalo Trace Covered Wooden Bridge Authority provided some funds for repair work to the Ringos Mill Covered Bridge with work being conducted in 1983-84. 5 It involved replacing rotted lower chords, and installing new posts, lateral bracing, and siding.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: Formerly KY Route 158
- Type: Covered Kingpost Truss
- Status: Active - Pedestrian
- Total Length: 89 feet
- Main Span Length: 84 feet
- Deck Width: 14.6 feet
- Total Height: 14 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- ‘Ringos Mill Covered Bridge.’ University of Kentucky. April 20, 2007.
- ‘Kentucky’s Covered Bridges.’ Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives July 1, 2005.
- Bridge stamp date.
- Powell, Robert A. “Kentucky Images Magazine.” Kentucky Images Magazine. 1984.
- White, Vernon. Covered Bridges: Focus on Kentucky. Kentucke Imprints, 1985, pp. 60-71.