The Stephensport Bridge carries KY Route 144 over Sinking Creek in Stephensport, Kentucky.
Stephensport, established in 1803 and incorporated in 1825, was named for the Stephens family who owned much of the area’s land. A fixed bridge was constructed over Sinking Creek circa 1881.
The roadway between Cloverport and Brandenburg was generally improved with a new alignment in the late 1930s and 1940s as part of ongoing improvements to KY Route 64 (later KY Route 144). In February 1949, a $158,975 contract was awarded with the Nashville Bridge Company for the erection of a new bridge over Sinking Creek. 1 Work was underway by April 1950 2 and the bridge and associated roadway improvements and relocations in the area was completed later in the year.
- State: Kentucky
- Route: KY Route 144
- Type: Warren Through Truss
- Status: Active - Automobile
- Total Length: 320 feet
- Deck Width: 22 feet
- Above Vertical Clearance: 17.9 feet
- Navigational Clearance:
- “News from Neighboring Counties.” Owensboro Messenger, 20 Feb. 1949, p. 7B.
- “News from Neighboring Counties.” Owensboro Messenger, 26 Mar. 1950, p. 4B.